Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Introduction

Poems are a way to express yourself in many ways. The first way to be able to express yourself is when you are mad or feeling something, you can write it down and maybe be able to share it with other people and help them express themselves the way you did. there are different kinds of poetry. one kind of poetry is a found poetry. a found poetry is a poems that is found within a text. another type of poem is called free verse. free verse is poetry without rules.
Poetry is different from a prose and a narrative. A poem has a speaker and not a narrator like a narrative. It has a rhythm and when the words are said it makes a sound and makes the words sound important. In a poem, the words are arranged in lines. Poems can contain metaphors, similes, personification, hyperbole and many other types of figure of speech.

2 comments:

Leslie C. said...

Dear Vanessa,
It's nice to know that you like poems. Do you write any yourself? If so have you ever thought about showing them to people? Poems are a good way for people to express themselves. Have you ever read any poems that are confusing and that you don't understand? I know that some poems have no rules and the are nice to read and write. What is that people use or include in poems that interest you? I like to read poems too. Have you been able to get any information about who started poems and or discovered them? This is pretty intersting and i can wait to read about it once you figure it out.

steviesaur1105 said...

SUP REYES,
YOU TOOK MY TOPIC.. haha. besides that, I really love poems as well. I guess my favorite poems are inspirational poems. I really don't know, but it always gives me that self motivation and it refreshes me. I really hate the poems that depend on vocabulary alone that just confuses the reader at times. I want poems to be raw and have that real emotion. I love it when they curse once in a while too because that really shows me how true it is. I'll probably come to your pages second most since I have a great interest in poems as well, so get some good ones. Like leslie asked, i want to know if you write any poems yourself. Also, what kind of poems do you like?